Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Long Ago First Knit


About twenty years ago, I sent away for a Knit-O-Graf pattern catalog I saw in a magazine ad, then ordered the pattern for the Cowboy sweater. This was the way it was done Before the Internet.

I wanted to knit the sweater for my son Nick, and it was a real learning experience for a beginner. I attached pearl snaps instead of buttons. The seams should have been flat and woven together. But Nick liked it.

Nowadays, Knit-O-Graf patterns are considered "vintage".

Then I attempted my second sweater for my older son Frankie, the pattern came in a 1988 Red Heart pamphlet, and it was called Aran Classic. He wore it once.


Here it is in purple on the left, and off-white on the right.

It was also a learning experience, because I learned to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment