Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Am I late for Mardi Gras?

As a beginner to crochet, I hooked a dozen hexagons and realized I'd made single crochet on Round 4 instead of slip stitch. The mistake made the 5th and final round on each hex look gappy.

But it was a good mistake, because when I attached the corrected 5th round on a hex, I attached it to another hex at the same time. So instead of a short stack of separate hexes, they were actually coming together in a project.

After connecting seven, I went around with sea-green and then red. It's seriously color-y and bright. It made me think of Mardi Gras and a piƱata and the roof of a fabulous merry-go-round. It's about 14 inches wide.

1 comment:

  1. that looks great! it looks like a colorful little beehive. really knit stuff was having a huge sale the other day so i got some really nice wool yarn and started my first pair of socks! i'm almost done with the first one, so i'll send you pictures soon.
    -salina

    ReplyDelete