Monday, March 9, 2009

Stitch Student

Got some much-needed practice this weekend, trying Granny Squares in cotton, wool, and acrylic. Cotton can be quite a workout, and wool has a nice stretchy quality that lends itself to the process of crochet. And acrylic! Gak! It surely has its uses, but I'm pretty sure I've bought my last skein of it.

The Grannies were coming along fine, I thought, until I realized I'd forgotten to 'chain 3' at the beginning of new rounds, so a lot of my double crochets were looking quite hunchbacked.

Then I tried Lucy's Hexagon How-to at her cheerful, colorful, helpful blog, Attic 24 and forgot the 'chain 1' between the double crochets, and it looked like I was making a bowl. So out those stitches came. But it wasn't discouraging, and I continued on.

1 comment:

  1. Oh you're doing just great, I'm so pleased you've been able to follow the hexie pattern. I love your description of crochet being "carefree", that tickled me!
    Happy hooking, have you tried the flowers??
    Lxx

    ReplyDelete